cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Factory reset not working

Hi.

I have had my BT box for a few years now (we did not get sent a new one when upgrading last). 

Currently trying to add smart plug (which had previously been connected) however unable to do so. 

Went in to see what devices were connected and there are a few "unknown" devices. Would like to remove these but not able to. Searching through the forum people have suggested factory reset however THIS DOES NOT WORK. All it does is turn hub off and on again, devices just reconnect straight away.

Any ideas? 

Thanks 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Factory reset not working

You need to press the recessed button on back of hub and hold it for 20/30 seconds until the hub lights flash and that should reset the hub back to factory settings

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Hi,

Yep have tried this also. Hub lights will go to green, then orange, then back to blue. All original devices just reconnect. Not factory resetting.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

@BlueBasket 

A full factory reset will remove all entries, but it will not stop devices reconnecting.

https://www.bt.com/help/broadband/how-do-i-reset-my-bt-hub-to-its-factory-settings

Unknown devices showing are normally those that have MAC randomisation (private addressing) enabled. This is by default on Apple and recent Android and Windows devices, but can be disabled on the device`s wireless properties. You need to select "Device MAC Address" so that it always gives the same MAC address to the home hub. This reduces the chance of the home hub running out of internal connections.

Message 5 of 5

If you held the small recessed button for 20/30 seconds and that does not reset back to factory settings then phone CS 03301234150 and ask for replacement provided you are still in fixed term contract

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings