cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Fibre 500

Morning all,

I had full fibre 300 up to yesterday when I was constantly hitting high 200 throughout the house.

I upgraded to full 500 which was turn o  yesterday, they sent a new smart 2 hub, I'm only getting between 180 and 200 all over the house, my sky mini box , which was working perfectly is now saying there is WiFi connection issues.

Does it take time for my fibre to settle to reach anywhere near 500 or would it be wise to switch back to the old hub?

Many thanks all 

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Fibre 500

There is no 'settling' time for fibre.

Try a different WiFi channel, or preferably, connect via Ethernet.

WiFi speed can never be guaranteed, there are too many variables.

Message 3 of 9

if you just installed a new SH2 I would suggest to select the wifi channels manually using a wifi analyser on your phone to see networks near you and channels in use then select a free or less congested channel.  as you have SKYQ with mini box then I would suggest you change the 5ghz channel in SH2 to something other than 36 say 44/48 as channel 36 is used by SKYQ

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 4 of 9

Hi 

Thanks for reply, my speeds throughout the house yesterday when on full fibre 300 where pretty much 300 , now I've upgraded to 500 the speeds are less than 200 .

I'm thinking the new hub is not as good as the old one 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

I suspect the old hub was using different WiFi channels to the new, have you checked this?

Message 6 of 9

Hi 

I havnt , how's best to check this please 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

enter 192.168.1.254 into browser address bar then enter hub manager using admin password then advanced settings then wifi.  you can see channels in use and can change to another channel  remember and save before existing

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 8 of 9

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Hi,

I'm trying to attach a screen shot of the WiFi analyser results I downloaded.... there seems to be loads on channels 36 to 48 ... do I just pick a channel or is there only certain channels I can pick?

This morning the sky mini box wasn't connected to the main sky box or network,  when I looked in settings it was connected to a sky broadband when I'm with BT.. there is a WiFi disc sat near by the sky mini box but it never picks it up..

As I say I never had any issue with the old router 

Thanks all

0 Ratings