cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 51

Full Fibre 900 - 40mbps?

Finally got fibre installed and its a lot faster than what i had before but meant to have 900mbps but getting 40-60mbps. Is this just cuz its a new install?

0 Ratings
50 REPLIES 50
Message 2 of 51

Re: Full Fibre 900 - 40mbps?

Try using.  https://speedtest.btwholesale.com/ Or fast.comusing ethernet cable not wifi

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 51

Used that site and on ethernet. 41.1mbps
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 51

Are you connecting the ethernet cable direct from hub to your device not using powerline adapters?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 51

Yeh i tried direct. I also tried wifi on my phone still showing the same download speeds

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 51

Pretty depressing tbh. Download speed is a whopping 50mbps maximum. Starting to think i may have just signed up to the most expensive package of my life for a speed thats the same as I had with normal fibre. I did the test on bt website which claims my box is getting the full speed. Defo isnt tho. Tried every combo possible with cat cables and connections to the router. The router defo would not be bottlenecking my download speed to this degree. Something is clearly wrong with the install somewhere.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 51

Its more likely that your computer cannot handle a faster speed, especially as you were getting the same before you upgraded. You need a very fast PC with a  good Ethernet card to see the full speed. Faster speeds simply mean that   that  multiple users can share the connection without slowing down.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 51

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 51

Built the PC myself it's a 8 core ryzen 7 with super fast ethernet card onboard. Even connecting my mobile phone to the wifi im getting the same low speed. It's defo the install that has an issue. Phone would at least be getting 150mbps

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 51

THECOYOTE99_0-1692713530098.png

0 Ratings