cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Full Fibre 900 WiFi speeds

I have the full fibre 900 package and I am using a wired connection with my computer get the full 900mb download and 110 upload. 

Now my issue lies with Wi-Fi speeds, running a speed test stood right next to my BT hub on my iPhone 11 pro I get around 300mb maximum? Now I know Wi-Fi speeds are never going to achieve the same speeds as that of a wired connection also when I used complete Wi-Fi with 3 discs the speed become worse and reach maximum 150 mbps

I have also had numerous visits from open reach engineers but unfortunately, they did not get the point and BTs' costumers services only statement was that you had the expected speed to your house.

BT change the hub and three discs, but I have same issue, my gut feeling is that the output of smart hub 2 is not great and reduces the speed of Wi-Fi.

Any advice?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Full Fibre 900 WiFi speeds

@amah 

Please refer to this thread in which you'll see a post by Keith Beddoe that should help explain.

https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Fibre-broadband/Extreme-reduction-of-download-tomdevices/m-p/2238829#... 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

I have an iPhone 12 - I’m on the 900/110 service and on Wi-Fi I get around 800mb and on wired the full 900 to 1 gig. I do use a third party router though instead of the rubbish that BT supply though. It’s an ASUS GS AX5400 gaming router.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Many thanks for your reply, have you used the discs as well or just the third party hub

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Nope, no discs at all just the router.  It’ss great router and well worth the money

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Many thanks
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Last question, can you change the name and the password  of the ASUS GS AX5400 Router through the IP address 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

I’m not sure what you mean?  You can change the name by logging into the router on a web browser or by using the app on an iphone or android.  You can alter the login name and password to make it work on the BT network (ppoe) other than that you’ll not have any issues using this router.  As I said this is the one I use and it’s simple to set up and use.  
you can also change the admin login name and password on the router to prevent unauthorised access to it. 

0 Ratings