cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Full fibre alternative router/hub?

Hi. I just had full fibre installed but I was thinking about exchanging the hub for something else but unsure what to get.  At the moment it comes into the house and goes to a little open reach box, the straight to the BT hub.   Will the TP-Link Archer A7 AC1750 Be ok? Or can you suggest a better option. My budget is £100 max.  Thanks 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Full fibre alternative router/hub?

Your choice is pretty limited with that sort of budget, the Archer A7 will be ok. Depends what you are trying to achieve by replacing the hub.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

When you received FTTP did you also get digital voice?  If so you still need to use the SH2 for phone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Hi. I don’t use home phone so just the hub at the moment.  I can go a little higher price if something is good.   I’m mainly looking for a better router as my sons and I have gaming pc’s etc.  Thanks 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

What is it about the SH2 that isnt suitible for gaming?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

It’s been a bit unreliable.  It keeps resetting it self.  My last hub done that too so I thought an after market one would be more stable.  

0 Ratings