cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 17

Re: Full fibre speed issues

@Dorsetroyal You should of asked where would be best place to have it in order for my PC and TV device to get the best speed. Instead they followed your instructions, which wasn't the best place to have it.

You now have several choices, either to get a new router your self and install that yourself or get in an electrician who can install a wired cable to the other room, should easily be able to do it without it looking unsightly.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 17

As already pointed out , changing from ADSL/VDSL ( FTTC ) to FTTP can’t really have anything do with your WiFi problem , if your new FTTP router is located in the same place as the previous router and nothing else has changed either , then suspicion must be with the router itself , either by being faulty , or being ‘setup’ poorly for the environment in which it’s being used , I would have pointed the finger at the new router being faulty , but apparently a different router has been tried.

Your issue illustrates the problem with WiFi , no ISP will  guarantee speeds apart from at the hub even with wired devices it has to capable of using the speeds the hub is delivering ( some posts about poor wired speeds turn out to be the device not being Gb capable ) 

Message 13 of 17

If you see my posts about BT lying regarding my FTTP not reaching the Guaranteed Minimum download speed. I am incensed that after each engineer visit (2xQube, 1xOpenreach) the Track Faults webpage says I've contacted BT and told them the fault is fixed - utter fantasy.

Getting back to speeds, not one engineer has been able to get anywhere near the 700Mbit Guaranteed speed using their OWN equipment with everything in the house turned off or isolated.

The Qube engineer told me he had the same 900 deal as me and regularly saw well over 700 Mbit wifi speeds.

The fibre has been re-spliced, the modem and hub replaced. We are no further forward and another Openreach appointment is scheduled for 5 September.
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 17

The OP hasn’t  stated that the speeds they pay for are not available, ( with a hard wired device ) just that the WiFi performance is not what they expect, given that there was no real WiFi problem with their previous FTTC service….it’s not the same issue as yours at all 

Message 15 of 17

Being told it's fixed when it's clearly not IS the same issue.

I'm told the 'service' is semi-automatic, if that is the case then the software being used is not fit for purpose. Statements like 'You have told us the fault is fixed' when there has been no communication whatsoever is clearly a problem. It appears I'm not the only one.
Perhaps I wasn't clear, THAT was the bit I was responding to.
0 Ratings
Message 16 of 17

@Dorsetroyal 

When you installed the new hub did you go round changing all the WiFi devices for the new hub SSID and password and. making sure they connected or did you simply change the new hub SSID and password  to that of your previous hub and that way the devices would connect automatically without a problem?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 17 of 17

The OP case is totally different , closing a fault report of ‘low speed’ when there isn’t a fault with speed at the router ( the point at which  the speed guarantees ends ) seems totally reasonable, the OP’s WiFi performance is curious , but explicitly not covered by any speed guarantee as there are far too many environmental variables, given that the previous FTTC service apparently worked satisfactorily, ( obviously only up-to whatever speed the FTTC delivered , so absolutely less than 80Mb ) if the hub hadn’t already been changed this would have been the obvious suspect, and personally I would be requesting a third change out of the hub ( unlikely as it may be that the two previous hubs had the same issue ) but it seems to me the OP ‘complaint’ is who should be responsible for the costs of providing the WiFi extending equipment and nothing to do with faults being inappropriately closed as ‘fixed’…as far as why the WiFi is so much worse now that previously, it’s a puzzle, perhaps some external ‘interference’ has coincidentally appeared at the same time …possibly a neighbour also changing a router and their ‘ new’ service causing interference 

0 Ratings