cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Gaming package is a rubber band ridden rip off. Oversubscribed in manchester.

After advertising "the best gaming broadband" package i subscribed to BT fibre broadband and what a giant waste of money.

After proving my issues with latency variation (bounces between 30-80ms ping causing the worse gaming experience i have had since online gaming) and being pushed to the side by their terrible customer service agents that are reading from a script of 'have you tried turning off the router' **bleep** i decided to rattle the cage a bit on here. 

I have had nothing but excuses from their 'engineers' that clearly don't fully test the service suggest things like "have you tried changing the wifi channel?".

Every time i tell them there is no problem with high latency, download speed or upload speed and it is, in fact, a problem with latency stability caused by oversubscription in greater manchester i am unsurprisingly ignored.

It would be great if someone with some actual knowhow would help as these conmen are not interested as long as they are paid.

DO NOT GET BT BROADBAND IF YOU ENJOY ONLINE GAMING. IT IS APPALLINGLY FALSELY ADVERTISED AND RIDICULOUSLY EXPENSIVE. F U BT FR.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Gaming package is a rubber band ridden rip off. Oversubscribed in manchester.

LOL, believe that if you wish.

How are you connected? Wireless or wired?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Re: Gaming package is a rubber band ridden rip off. Oversubscribed in manchester.

@garybs29wrote:

How are you connected? Wireless or wired?

Surely wired, gaming over Wi-Fi is eww

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Mine works fine for gaming... PS5 connected via Ethernet on a 100mbps Gfast connection 👌

0 Ratings