cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Smart Device Mesh Network Connectivity Problems

Go to solution

I have a Smart hub 2 connected to a Tenda Nova MW12 mesh WiFi router in Bridge mode. I can't get any smart devices (Amazon Echo's, Smart plugs etc) to connect to the mesh network, They can see it they simply won't connect to it. All other devices (Phones, TV's etc) connect without any issues. 

As a work around I've turned the Smart hub's WiFi back on and connected all the smart devices to that.

Something I'm considering trying is factory resetting the Smart hub and the mesh router, Then putting the mesh router in bridge mode isolated from the Smart hub as its in DHCP mode by default.

Just wondering if this sounds like a reasonable fix before I start moving furniture and untangling cables. 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Smart Device Mesh Network Connectivity Problems

Go to solution

I am not familiar with the Tender Nova M12 but I don't understand what you mean by bridge mode? This normally applies to modem/router combos.

It might be worth if you can switching off the 5ghz wifi on the Tenda kit and see if that helps.

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings icon. If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted solution’
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

The Tenda Nova MW12 is a modem/router combo. I just had full fibre installed a few weeks ago so the Smart hub 2 is new. With the MW12 in it's default DHCP mode I was having double NAT issues. So I put it in bridge mode, That's when the problems with smart devices started. 

I was thinking that because the MW12 is in DHCP mode by default after resetting it, It could be causing issues. So by disconnecting it from the Smart hub then putting it in bridge mode the Smart hub would only see it as an AP, That's the hope anyway. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

@golfalphavictor 

If you have full fibre, and do not have BT Digital Voice, then you do not need to use the Smart Hub 2, you can just use the Tenda in the router mode, and have full access to all of its features.

You will need to enter the PPPoE authentication information into the Tenda. 

Use bthomehub@btbroadband.com and Password BT.

Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Okay. Well as Keith says - ditch the SH unless you need digital voice. Otherwise does the Tenda have AP mode?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings icon. If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted solution’
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

I tried Keith's solution, Unfortunately it appears to be an issue with the Mesh network rather than the Smart hub. Thank you both for your help.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

I'm not surprised that the issue is with the Tenda MW12.

This was the first mesh system that I purchased based on price and reviews. I used it in bridge mode but it is limited with respect to the Wi-Fi eg you can only use 1 SSID for the 2.4 and 5 GHz bands. I wanted to separate them so I could choose which band devices in the home connected to.

I am now using an Asus AC  mesh system which is brilliant. This thread is a reminder to me that I need to sell the Tenda mesh.

0 Ratings