cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

HOME LOG IN

I have no problem with my router and desk top pc.  However, my mobile phone which used to auto connect to BT Wifi when I came home refuses to do so. I have to manually connect to EE WIFI every time . This never happened with BT WIFI.  After I called in at the local BT/EE Store they organised a new hub for me which lists BT33FJB2 but I cannot connect to this ,only EE . I went to the BT store again today and a different person said pair your phone with the router which I did  .No different I still have to login manually every time.  

Anyone else had the same problem ?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: HOME LOG IN

Are you a BT broadband customer and if you are why are you using BTWifi when at home and not your own broadband network. 

You the phone onto the BT hub/ router using the hubs name and the wireless password that are on the label on the hub.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

thanks for reply yes I am a BT/EE broadband customer but already done that several times. . I said I was on EE wifi . The problem is my phone won't auto connect to EE like it did to BT . The wireless network on my new is BT-33FJ82  .The EE store cannot offer a solution.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Hi @ALLENRodgers2022   Apologies for the obvious question, but when you set up the connection on your phone to the EE router, you did tick the auto connect and save password? I would delete the connection and start again.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

There seems to be some confusion about the names you are using. BTWifi is the free wifi hotspots that BT hubs used to transmit. They no longer show as BTWifi, it is now called shown as EE Wifi. 

Do you mean your homes own wireless connection that is transmitted by your own router. This will have a SSiD (name) and wireless password that is on the label that is attached to your router.

If you are now an EE Broadband customer, there is no BT/EE Broadband, BT and EE are separate companies within the BT Group,  you should post on the EE forum as this forum is for BT customers and should your problem needs  the intervention of the moderators they can not deal with EE customers problems.  

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

thanks
0 Ratings