cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Halo won't deliver what it promises

Go to solution

I Upgraded to Halo after having an extension to my house, which I use as an office, as it promised wifi around the house. An engineer fixed up two discs which did give a connection, albeit much slower than that I got near the router. The speed deteriorated so much that the nearest disc only showed orange not blue so I called another engineer. The speed measured as under 10Mb/s. He explained that the construction of the house would never allow a decent wifi connection in my new room and advised me to fit a direct cable to the router. I have now done this, at my own cost,  and get decent speeds in the room.

However I am now stuck with an expensive Halo package for a further 9 months, which does not deliver as promised, while being subjected to adverts for what I need at less than half the cost. I only get someone working from home with no authority to to help when I call BT.

I have also just discovered that I have missed loads of messages as my reliable answer machine has been rendered redundant by the imposition of an unwanted 1571 service on Digital Voice., which I can't see how to remove.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Halo won't deliver what it promises

Go to solution

The Wi-Fi discs you have are from the 'Complete Wi-Fi' element of your package, Halo is the keep connected element and no out of contract increase, amongst other things.

Do you have 3 discs and an engineer has noted you're not getting the complete wi-fi guarantee ?

Complete Wi-Fi Guarantee
BT sends additional discs to guarantee a reliable wi-fi connection in every room of your home. We’ll send you up-to three discs to ensure this. If you still can’t get a reliable wi-fi connection around your home we’ll give you a one-off credit of £100 off your next BT bill. The guarantee only applies when your Smart Hub 2 is connected to the fixed broadband network and it does not cover broadband faults. For full terms see bt.com/legalstuff.

@vwkompakwrote:

I have also just discovered that I have missed loads of messages as my reliable answer machine has been rendered redundant by the imposition of an unwanted 1571 service on Digital Voice., which I can't see how to remove.

1571 is a free voicemail service for Digital Voice, you can remove it as it's optional, if you can't do it via bt.com/mybt then get in touch with BT on 0800 800 150, ask about the complete wi-fi guarantee when you call.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

As far as the query with 1571 goes, you can log in to MyBT and there is an option there somewhere to change the number of rings before it kicks in, set this to a higher number than your answering machine is set to and that (hopefully) should cure that problem at least

Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Thanks. I will try that.

0 Ratings