cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Help to connect BT sim to TP Link router

Hi - I’m rubbish at all this technology stuff so any help would be hugely appreciated. I have a TP Link router at my caravan and I’ve bought  a BT sim for data only (for WiFi and tv etc). I’ve connected it all up and my devices say they are connected to the TP link - however nothing that requires internet access is working: phones, tablets or Firestick. BT said the SIM card is live. 
Any suggestions please 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Help to connect BT sim to TP Link router

@jac0871  There really ought to be no setting up for once you have inserted the said SIM into the TPLink, the PnP (Plug and Play) should ensure you're ready to go.

Does your mobile phone pick up the 3g/4g signal?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Thanks for your reply. My phone picks up 4G and says it’s connected to TP link but nothing loads or works .. unless I switch my internet off and just use 4G 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Please see my reply on post below
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

If your 'phone actually sees the TPLInk, then that shows the BT Sim is active.

Have you actually connected the phone to the TPLink/BTSim using the password provided? Seeing it is not enough, a connection is required.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

If you mean the password on the router then yes - we’ve connected our devices using that 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Did you sort this problem please? I have exactly the same issue with TP-Link and BT sim. It works fine with a 3 Sim but with BT it connects but at so low speed nothing works.

0 Ratings