cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

High ping upload

Hi guys.

Why have I got extremely high upload ping of 360ms on full fibre this going have a negative impact on gaming. 

Anything I can do or try.

Cheers guys

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: High ping upload

If you have no other devices connected on your local network, then it could be congestion on the uplink path.

Make sure there is nothing else downloading or uploading, and no devices streaming video.

I assume you are using a direct Ethernet connection and not wireless?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Ps5 wired. I have couple ip cameras there wireless, smart TV is wireless. But I blocked all them from accessing the internet to test and still 360ms. My upload is only 10up. 

The down Hover's around the 10ms but the up 360ms.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

How have you blocked them, as its not normally possible on a BT Hub?

I would physically disconnect all other  devices to prove it. 

Perhaps other forum members can make some suggestions?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

The other question has to be, how are you measuring that upload latency?  Many of the online tests give as worse case result as is possible and don't reflect reality.

*Just got back from holiday, I was no worse playing Fallout 76 (cloud based) on the LNER train than I am at home!

I only learn by making mistakes and owning up to them - boy do I learn a lot!
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

My xr500 measures up and down pings and jitter and can block devices from accessing the net

Down is approx 10ms and up 360ms.

Hopefully this settles down

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Playing the new xdefiant last night couldn't seem to shoot much. I run the test on my xr500 and came back with ping upload of 356ms, now is this going to affect my gameplay. 

Any trouble shooting ideas be appreciated 

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Playing the new xdefiant last night couldn't seem to shoot much. I run the test on my xr500 and came back with ping upload of 356ms, now is this going to affect my gameplay as wouldn't this affect my hit detection on the opponents. 

Any trouble shooting ideas be appreciated 

Thanks

0 Ratings