cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Home hub 2, Ethernet cabling, Ethernet switch in garage, complete Wi-Fi disc & hybrid 4G plugged in

Hello,

I have been looking for quite a while for information on this without any success but would appreciate comments & advice.

I have home hub 2, all of the Ethernet sockets are used. Two feeding directly to complete Wi-Fi discs, two to switches.

I have two more Wi-Fi discs connected to those switches, for shed & garage etc & also one of those discs has another switch locally actually where the hybrid connect 4G router is connected.

yes! Hybrid & disc on daisychained switches.

the only trouble I had was one of the switches was old & slow, but changing to a gig switch fixed that.

am I doing anything wrong?

regards

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Home hub 2, Ethernet cabling, Ethernet switch in garage, complete Wi-Fi disc & hybrid 4G plu

Hi @Greycat1234   You can have as many switches as you like. Gigabit unmanaged switches recommended for maximum compatibility. For example Sky Q does not like managed switches. I take it there is a special reason why all your Complete WiFi discs are Ethernet connected?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Home hub 2, Ethernet cabling, Ethernet switch in garage, complete Wi-Fi disc & hybrid 4G plu

Hello & thank you.

The discs are all Ethernet connected because this house is terrible for transmitting wifi through, I think it is mainly because all of the plasterboard is foil backed, fifty years old & the foil itself is corroded, this seems to destroy the signals.

I have 8  Bluesound  multi room hi resolution players throughout & found wifi just isn’t good enough & so extended the Ethernet cabling for them & so it makes sense to use switches & discs to complete the wifi for everything else.

cheers

0 Ratings