cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Home hub needs daily reset

BT Home Hub, which has worked very reliably for three years, has now started to need daily reboots because the signal has dropped. Router is showing internet available throughout. Any ideas?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Home hub needs daily reset

Instead of the simple reset/restart have you tried a factory reset by pressing the recessed button on back and holding until the hub light flashes~ and see if that helps

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Normally the factors that affect signal strength from the router won't be reset by rebooting the router - it's not how that works!

So, is it all devices that seem to be showing a poor connection or just one or two?

Mobiles phones and tablets can suffer drops in WiFi reception caused by damage from being dropped, and thanks to poor design there are laptop WiFi cards that slowly cook themselves!

I only learn by making mistakes and owning up to them - boy do I learn a lot!
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Hi, did you find a solution to this?

I have a similar issue, most mornings my devices don’t work, yet is still connected to the wifi. I have to reboot the router nearly every day before I can access the internet

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

In the end, I did a factory reset and software update of the separate router which the home hubs are plugged into, which seems to have solved it most of the time. Occasionally still drops once or twice a week, but nothing like as bad as it was before. The home hubs themselves seem okay.

Good luck.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

So you are not using the Home Hub plugged directly into the ONT or Phone Master socket?  With the correct settings, many hubs will work as a switch/AP when set up with a LAN-to-LAN connection, but if the settings are wrong or the connections are wrong, you can get issues!

Maybe a full description of the physical set-up from the wall to the hub(s), and the settings you are using on the hubs is in order!

I only learn by making mistakes and owning up to them - boy do I learn a lot!
0 Ratings