cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

How do I set up Eero Mesh on BT Fibre Hub 2

Hi,

We have recently moved to BT Fibre Hub 2. We were previously on Virgin Media and were using a Eero mesh network which worked well. However, BT Fibre only option in our neighbourhood.

The Virgin modem can be put in modem mode but I don't think the Hub 2 can.

If anyone has already set this up to can advise, much appreciated.

Thanks

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: How do I set up Eero Mesh on BT Fibre Hub 2

Do you have FTTC or FTTP?

If you have FTTP, the ONT is the modem and you can connect the Eero mesh directly, unless you wish to use BTs Digital Voice service, in which case the SH2 is required.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Hi,

Thank you for the response.

I'm not sure what we have but I do know we have the digital voice phone lines if that helps?

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Is your hub connected to a master socket (from the DSL socket on the hub) or an Optical ONT that is powered and has LEDs on the front (from the WAN port of the hub)?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Hi,

The one with lights and ports at the bottom of it.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Ok, in that case your choice is to dispense with Digital Voice and the BT hub and just use the Eero mesh or use the BT hub and  the Eero mesh together.

If the latter, you  can do one of two things.

1. Keep the SH2 as your main router and add the Eero purely as a wireless access point by turning off its DHCP server, giving it an IP address outside of the range of the hub DHCP server and a Gateway address of 192.168.1.254 Connect the 2 devices LAN port to LAN port. The Eero may have a wireless access or bridge mode to achieve this.

2. Disable DHCP and wifi on the SH2 and connect the Eero WAN port to a SH2 LAN port and use it as your main router. Again give the Eero an IP address outside of the DHCP range of the hub (although it is turned off) and Gateway 192.168.1.254. You need to make sure the Eero is a different subnet to the hub's 192.168.1.XXX range. You will be double natting if you do this, but unless you are a serious online games player, that shouldn't be a problem.

If the former, just connect the ONT to the Eero's WAN port and configure the PPPoE login details to the generic username of bthomehub@btbroadband.com and password BT.

Message 7 of 9

Thank you very helpful. I will give that a go and share an update once I have.

Thanks a lot.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Hi there
My eero network refuses to connect when I use PPPoe and plug the red WAN cable into it? Any ideas?
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Hi I am having same issue when setting up eero on ffttp. Even when setting up pppoe with password and connecting directly to fiber ont error just goes to red. Did you ever sort your issue ou and get it working

0 Ratings