cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Hub 5 Question

Go to solution

I got a call this morning from somebody claiming to be from BT. They told me that my home network was on the public internet.

To be honest I thought it was a scam. He was very insistent and rang back after I hung up. He sent me an email. I checked the headers and it seem to come from BT. The number he rang from had warnings against it as being fraudulent.

I rang the proper BT number. They weren't aware of the call I'd received. They said everything looks fine.

Anyway, the question remains am I really at risk? The router and all devices have an IP starting 192. I haven't changed anything so are there any other checks I can do?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Hub 5 Question

Go to solution

sounds like another scam to me

https://community.bt.com/t5/Announcements-Guides-Community/Scams-Information-about-scams-currently-c...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

No, you are not at risk. Total scam, ignore.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Cheers. I'm a Messaging Engineer so not easily fooled. A good scammer can put doubts in your mind which he did.

The email header certainly looked genuine but I'm happy to say I didn't give him a thing.

0 Ratings