cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

Hub 6 USB anonymous connection broken from Android mobile devices by Firmware SG4B1000E081 ???

I've had the USB storage access on a HH6  happily working for years across a range of  Android mobile devices using various apps (primarily File Manager+, but also  X-Plore, ES File Manager etc ).  Usually the USB storage being accessed by \\192.168.1.254\usb1     (or  .254\'the set device name' etc  ( i've tried all permutations of SMB connections!).

All apps for some reason seem to reject anonymous access to the USB device.  The  Wifi connection used is  identified as private, I've tried various USB storage sticks / HDD drives using FAT32, NTFS, eXFAT 4GB upwards. No mobile devices can connect but Win 11 Laptop did connect??!

It really feels like something changed in this last firmware update that changed the connection or login security on the USB's SMB1 connection.   

Has anyone managed to get a connection to the HH 6 USB via an Android app with this firmware?    After far too many hours spent trying to get families devices to connect to the USB store i've given up!

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Hub 6 USB anonymous connection broken from Android mobile devices by Firmware SG4B1000E081 ?

I also have a BTHub6 with firmware SG4B1000E081 from 24/2/2023.

I cannot now access my USB stick in the router from my Samsung tablet  running Android version 8.1.0.

I am using File Manager +  Adding a remote location detects  the hub when selecting Local Network and

displays the correct IP address 192.168.1.254.  A Username and Password are asked for - what are these for the hub?

Checking the Anonymous box still asks for the Username and Password.  Tapping OK says:

'Could not connect to 192.168.1.254 with user name anonymous.'

Clearly anonymous access is now broken.  CX File Explorer is the same.

0 Ratings