cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Hybrid Connect - does it actually work?

I upgraded to the Halo 3 package a few months ago as our broadband dropped one time too often. The hybrid connect device is sold as maintaining your home wi-fi if the signal drops.

Well the signal has dropped three times in the last week and I have had to restart the router. Hybrid connect shows either one or two blue bars - never three - although we live in a west London suburb and my phone connects to 5G without a problem.

So my question is as per the title - does this hybrid connect thing actually work? It was set up by a BT engineer but never once does it seem to have kicked in Is there something I should check?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Hybrid Connect - does it actually work?

Hi @OldNo1 

It takes a good two minutes for the Hybrid Connect 4G Modem to kick in. Note it has nothing to do with your WiFi which is provided by the Smart Hub 2. To test it simply unplug the broadband connection on your Smart Hub 2. If it doesn’t kick in after two minutes then you need to seek technical help.

Message 3 of 7

Works fine for me with only one blue bar.

You can test it by disconnecting your broadband from the hub. It is not instantaneous, it takes a couple of minutes to kick in.

Post crossed with @VeteranISPUser 

Message 4 of 7

Thanks to both of you for your very quick replies.

I disconnected my broadband and it did indeed work.

So it appears not to realise that the broadband has dropped, as I assume it is meant to kick in automatically and not just when I disconnect the router.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Are you sure your problems are the broadband dropping and not just WiFi?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

I suggested to the BT agent that the problem could be the router, but he was having none of it and arranged for me to be sent another WiFi disc. I

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

@OldNo1 

So is your WiFi disk issue the same issue that you posted about originally or a different problem ? 

I thought we were talking about Hybrid Connect issues and not Minidisk problems. 

0 Ratings