cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Hybrid Connect

Hello,

I currently have BT Fibre 2 and have added on Hybrid Connect.

I've tried placing the EE hub in different locations all around my flat, but I can never get more than 2 out of the 3 bars on the EE signal. Sometimes it drops to 1 even in the best location.

I'm wondering whether this would still be a decent enough signal if my broadband went down, or perhaps whether I should look to remove it from my package if it's not worth it.

Thanks 🙂

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Hybrid Connect

Why not try to trigger it to action and check the speed You will get?

When Hybrid Connect is connected to SH2, simply unplug the network cable between ONT and SH2, and wait a moment, before Hybrid Connect will kick in.

Check your speed, and evaluate, if it's enough for You, in case of fault.

Just do not be too much surprised, if your Digital Phone will stop working, whilst on HC. It's just internet and therefore max BT TV over IP, which will still work.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

I'm kicking myself that I didn't think of trying that before!

Good news, Hybrid Connect kicked in after a few mins and I got around 30Mbps, so looks like it will do the job.

The channels on my BT TV Pro box stopped working though and only came back after about 10 mins on Hybrid Connect.

I plugged the cable back into the router and waited over 5 mins, but it didn't automatically switch back to broadband. I restarted the router and then all was OK. Not sure if this is normal or if it should automatically flip back?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Hi @davidr5 You didn't wait long enough, it takes ages to roll back. No rush because you are still connected (via Hybrid Connect).

Message 5 of 7

Typically takes several minutes to failover and between 15-30mins to failback.

I'm surprised subscription TV channels worked at all on Hybrid Connect as I thought they were dependent on a multicast link over the broadband network 🤔

Message 6 of 7

Ah OK looks like it's all working as it should then.

I'm pretty sure the channels came back before I plugged the cable back in. Though it was only ITV1 HD I checked and also Really, so didn't look at the Now channels etc. This was with the box in Internet mode and not Aerial.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

So I've noticed that the signal does seem to be dropping to 1 bar quite a bit on the Hybrid Connect.

I've read that you can get external antennas for them. I mentioned it to BT, but they didn't know anything about that, so I'm guessing they don't do any official ones.

Getting a bit overwhelmed with choices on Amazon. Are there any that anyone would recommend please?

Thanks 🙂

0 Ratings