cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

I can log onto my Bt broadband via the BTWi-fi connection but not my own personal wifi

So I've been having issues connecting to the wifi. 

when i try to connect to the wifi it says unable to connect.

However when i try to connect via the BTWi-Fi signal it connects after i sign in. 

i've checked my drivers and they're all up to date

I've tried to forget network and re-sign in but it still gives me the same error - i've tried to switch the router on and off and still the same problem. 

any advice?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: I can log onto my Bt broadband via the BTWi-fi connection but not my own personal wifi

Unless your firmware has been updated to '33' then go to hub manager and turn off smart setup

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Re: I can log onto my Bt broadband via the BTWi-fi connection but not my own personal wifi

Even if your software has been updated to V0.33 you can still check the status of Smart-setup and turn it off if it's enabled, you just need to do it a little differently as they have removed the button from the dashboard.

Make sure you login to your router as Admin first and then click on this link Smart_Setup 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Basic checks.

Are you sure you are trying to connect to the correct BT hub. The BT hub's name (SSid) is on the label on the hub?

Are you using the Wireless Password, not the Admin Password that is found on the label on the hub?

Have you tried a factory reset of the BT hub by pressing a pin into the recess button on the rear for about 20 seconds? 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Smart setup is already switched off.

I've tried resetting it but nothinh

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

What device and what operating system are you using?

Does this happen with all your devices?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Windows 11 pc

No the pc is the only one that does this. The rest of the devices all connect fine. 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Could be a problem with your PC rather than a BT problem.

You could try a reset of your wireless network. Click on Network & internet. Click the Advanced network settings tab on the right side. Under the “More settings” section, click the Network Reset tab at the bottom of the page. Click the Reset now button and restart the PC.

Have you tried uninstalling your wireless card on the PC then restarting the PC and let Windows find and reinstall it.

As regards the drivers for the wireless card, you should check with the card manufacturer for any updated drivers rather than using the Windows ones.

0 Ratings