cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

IPV6 Setup - Third Party Router

Hi,

I switched to a third-party router ages ago but never enabled IPv6 support; I get no connection when I enable it in my router settings. Do you think I'm missing the client id?

Using amplifi alien with 1 additional mesh. The screenshot attached is the options I have when enabling IPV6.

UQQIL7g.png

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: IPV6 Setup - Third Party Router

@Mudge great choice in router. I don’t have one myself but Have a look at the following to see if it helps. You’ll need to see Amplifi Alien allows you to enter a prefix designation etc. Apologies if you’ve already tried this.

https://community.bt.com/t5/Home-setup-Wi-Fi-network/FTTP-IPv6-UniFi-Dream-Machine-Pro/m-p/2303227#M...

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

I have been looking through their forums and documentation but don't see anything relating to the prefix.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Maybe Amplify Alien doesn’t support prefix. I’d be tempted to drop their support team an email to see if they can help. Out of curiosity why do you need IPV6? My BT fibre is a secondary backup, my primary internet provider doesn’t provide ipv6 support at all (but does have symmetrical upload/download) and it doesn’t feel like I’m missing out for now.
0 Ratings