cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

ISP name and password

Go to solution

Hi,

I bought 3rd party modem (draytek 130) and try to connect internet from my Mac. System preference>network>PPPoE 

and my computer request PPPoE service name, account name and password I just blank service name filled in account name and password which I use it for BT website log in details but can’t connect to internet. 
Phoned to BT and checked account name and password and it was collect details.
do you guys know what is account name and password? 

I want to connect to router once I sort out modem problem. 
thank you 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: ISP name and password

Go to solution

As posted on the forum hundreds if not thousands of times, the PPPoE details are generic and are Username bthomehub@btbroadband.com and Password BT.

Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Thank you.

I saw lots of post said those name and password. But mine is not working with this.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Does the BT Home Hub work when you connect that directly to your phone line? Why are you using a separate modem?

There is nothing to enter into the modem, PPPoE details are entered into the router which you do no appear to be using.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution
Yes, it’s working when I connect to BT homehub.
I bought 3rd party router and needed to connect modem. I just wanted to check if modem is working properly first. But it struggle to sort this out.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

@Rkrpng wrote:
Yes, it’s working when I connect to BT homehub.
I bought 3rd party router and needed to connect modem. I just wanted to check if modem is working properly first. But it struggle to sort this out.

The just connect your router, and forget about trying to setup a direct PPPoE connection to your computer.

Provided you have a compatible service, then your modem DSL light should be lit, even without  PPPoE authentication.

If its not lit up, then its either faulty, or incompatible.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution
Thank you. I will try this.
0 Ratings