cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Including help with installation with new broadband/tv order

I'm trying to place an order for broadband and tv...I have tried twice now to include 'help with installation' as part of my order, at a price of £30. When I get to the confirmation page this option just disappears from view and from the  cost summary. So, there doesn't seem to be a way to buy the service AND installation. I don't want to install it myself.

Does any one else experienced this? Is installation still an option? I'm at a loss as to how to sort this and if BT can't get the new customer journey right, that doesn't fill me with huge confidence either....

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Including help with installation with new broadband/tv order

Are you okay sharing what type of help you require, if not thats totally fine.

I ask because setup is very very easy these days and if you get stuck you'll probably find the folks on here will be able to help.

For broadband, Openreach actually installed everything, they plugged in the router and made sure it was online, so that part was done.

TV is just connecting one cable to your router and the other to the TV.

Im paraphrasing slightly but I also want to be respectful at this stage because I do not know what level of help you need.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for replying. When I was 'configuring' my order - adding tv packages etc - one of the options was to pay £30 to have someone come and install everything. And given the choice, thats definitely what i would like to do. But, once I'd submitted my address details etc and come to confirm my order, this selection 'disappeared' from my basket so ccouldnt be part of the order.

Your point about getting help here, if we need any, is a really good one. But I was just unsure why the option to have installation, added by me to the order should be 'removed'...? I dont think it's enough of an issue to stop me placing the order, but i was a bit miffed/unimpressed as much as worried about our ability to install it ourselves...

After I guess about 10-15 years with Virgin, with no massive problems, I want to make sure that switching because of cost doesn't come back to bite me...

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Are you moving from Virgin Cable to BT FTTP (Full Fibre)?

I did exactly the same, was with Virgin for 10 years ish, moved to BT in Jan this year, if anything moving from a cable provider to fibre comes with less complications in my opinion, IE don’t cancel the cable service until the fibre one is live, that way any issues you don’t get cut off, like going from copper to fibre. 

I understand your question though but I can’t answer why the ordering system isn’t working I’m afraid, nearly all of us on here are customers. What I’m saying to you is that the likelyhood is you don’t need the installation help and most standard issues anyone can expect can definitely be answered on here, slightly contradictory as I cannot answer your order question but you know what I mean.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings