cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 16

Is it possible to disable remote logins on Smart Hub 2?

Hi - I am new to using the smart hub. My old router used to have a feature for 'Remote login' by admin to get to the admin page of the router - the 192.168 etc page. However, there was an option to switch this feature off so that no remote login to 'admin' was possible. Setting up the smart hub i was a bit worried that there does not seem to be such an option or have i missed something?

Also in the same vein - are there any bog standard - preferably free - things i can do that you recommend to tighten up my router security? Thanks

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16

Re: Is it possible to disable remote logins on Smart Hub 2?

You can't access the hub remotely so there is obviously no option to disable login.

There are no options to ' tighten up hub security'. The hub is as secure as any router.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 16

You can use a different router fir remote login. Such as Fritzbox or Draytek.

Security-wise, you can try IPfire but only if you know a thing or two about security and networking.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 16

It is possible to acess the BT hub remotely. I can and I need to disable it.

Access control is supoosedly via the My BT app but this crashes upon use.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 16

Anyone concerned beyond the typical requirements of you average household....should just get their own router. BT do not make it very hard at all to use your own.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 16

If other routers can do it why not BT's.

why have to go to the expense of paying out for a new router. 

BT's not fully fit for use.

If you get an alternative then it's BT's router to landfill, great.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 16

@Fat_Les 

if you decide to replace your BT router then you need to keep it and return it if you move ISP otherwise you will be charged for the non return of the BT Hub

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 16

It isnt because you'll need to keep the router to A: Troubleshoot any line issues and B: give back at the end of your contract.

The SH2 is absolutely fit for purpose as a nice easy to use home router for the vast majority of customers. The more that can be configured the more that can go wrong and if we want to play with all that stuff, then we can get our own router.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
Message 9 of 16

The whole point is that customers should'nt have to replace it.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 16

You dont have to replace it.....

How are you accessing the router remotely by the way?

0 Ratings