cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Is it possible to have 2 Smart Hub routers?

Hey all.

I live in a flat and my main smart hub is in the living room, but my gaming set up from where I stream from is in my office room which is 2 metres away from the living room. But the thing is I plug in my ethernet cable into the WIFI discs to get a connection as my PC doesn't have a WIFI card, but you need ethernet anyway for gaming.

So, I was wondering if it was possible to get work done in my office room to be able to get a 2nd smart hub connection?

Kind regards 

Colin, 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Is it possible to have 2 Smart Hub routers?

What you need is either:

• Install ethernet port, cables and switches it each room (a local networking or telecoms engineer can do this but may require running cables in walls or trunking)
  • Use a power line adapter that uses your electrical wiring to transmit the data packets between each adapter 
  • Use mesh WiFi like the BT WiFi discs that support turning the back ethernet port from a backhaul port to a ethernet port that you can plug client devices into 
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

thanks for your reply! I could try the wall ethernet port route. Sounds like a good idea to me.

Colin, 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

@colinreidcr 

Ensure the Management Company or the Freeholder are aware and give permission if the task requires a lot of drilling and cables throughout the flat.

0 Ratings