cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 40

Re: Issues with broadband dropping

@Checked2013 wrote:

What kind of ethernet cable are you using? Always best to use cat 6

Total nonsense, Cat5E is more than adequate for a domestic setting with short runs.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 40

What you are describing is slightly conflicts with the answers you've give me, for example, you say the dropouts have improved since installing a mesh WiFi, that would indicate you are connecting via WiFi rather than ethernet.

Note: CAT 8 cables are fake and should be avoided at all costs.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 40

@licquorice 

It may not make a difference to your slow Internet connection liquorice, but to full fibre it can make a lot of difference.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 40

I bet you buy your hifi cables from Russ Andrews 😀

Message 15 of 40

@licquorice As a professional network installer, I make my own thanks. Though glad to hear the community leaders are still being civil rather than petty personal insults and got themselves trained up on full fibre 😉

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 40

Sorry, but you are not going to convince me that Cat6 is not overkill in a domestic environment.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 40

@Checked2013 wrote:

Note: CAT 8 cables are fake and should be avoided at all costs.

As a professional network installer are you saying that all cat 8 cables are fake and nobody should purchase any manufacturers cable?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 18 of 40

@imjolly As there is no official certification for CAT 8, no company can claim a genuine CAT 8, most are sold on the likes of fleebay and other such sites.  

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 40

My PlayStation is connected via Ethernet to the main Hub. 

My other devices (XBox, laptops, etc etc etc) are all on Wi-Fi. 

When the PS drops (on Ethernet), if I check my other devices they are out too. If I’m playing a networked game with my partner, his X Box (Wi-Fi) drops at the same time as my PS5 (wired).

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 40

@Lisa123456 it sounds more like you've got your ps5 connected to the mesh WiFi unit via a wired connection maybe.

Where is the ps5 located in relation to the BT smarthub?

Note: All gaming devices should be on a wired connection including the xbox, that's possibly why there is extra latency with the online game between the xbox and ps5.

0 Ratings