cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 40

Re: Issues with broadband dropping

I am not running the system from a BT smart hub. I am using the deco6E as the hub, then two other units within the mesh.

efited to add: the PS5 is beneath the deco6E, around 1.5m away. The hub is up on a shelf to stop any interference.

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 40

This is one of the reasons why I don't recommend mesh wifi if it's not wired to make them wireless access points because if they are set in auto channel mode and one changes channel, they all disconnect and change channels and this causes dropouts.

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 40

I’m not sure that explains why the wired connection is dropping and why we had the same problem with the BT Hub, only worse.

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 40

If you were also using WiFi on the bt hub it would have the same effect. Even though you have wifi6e mesh, that's only between the mesh units, all other wifi is the same channels as the bt hub.

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 40

@Lisa123456 

Try power cycling the ONT.

If that doesn't work then monitor the PON and LOS LEDS, PON should be permanently on, LOS should be permanently off and both should be rock solid, even one flash from either of them indicates a problem.

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 40

I've got my Xbox wired to white BT disk, connection is solid, I'm wireless on PS5 as it is WiFi 6 so it goes well with my tp link router the wireless is flawless to be fair, done a speed test earlier and was getting 435mbps wirelessly 👍

0 Ratings
Message 27 of 40

Connection drops on LAN but lights stay blue on hub?

Potted history - 

I have Full Fibre 500 with Halo 3+

- broadband drops often although lights stay solid blue on Hub at all times

- hub replaced twice

- 2 x engineer visits find no fault in the house or the road

- hours with online support over phone find no fault

- LAN wired connection devices (PS5, Sky box etc) drop at same time as wifi devices

- tried replacing entire system and hub with mesh system, but the same problems prevailed (I posted about this before)

- hub is on a shelf, away from other devices etc

- I’ve replaced all cables etc with new ones 

- when we use the 4G Hybrid modem the connection is stable with no drops, just slow (30mbps). It’s not enough for our needs, but shows the kit (hub, wires, discs) works.

I’ve posted about this issue previously when I switched to a mesh system. I’ve since switched back as it didn’t solve the problem.

Any thoughts or suggestions before I give up and quit BT?

0 Ratings
Message 28 of 40

Re: Connection drops on LAN but lights stay blue on hub?

@Lisa123456wrote:

I’ve posted about this issue previously

Then why start another thread for the same issue? Just means you'll likely get the same suggestions as previously.

Message 29 of 40

I have merged your post with your previous thread so as to avoid duplication of any replies that you may get and to give the history of what has already been done/suggested.

0 Ratings
Message 30 of 40

Because my previous post was about the mesh and all the replies were about the mesh.

I’ve now removed the mesh from the equation altogether, hence posting in the hope that someone can answer with that element removed.

0 Ratings