cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Missing Ethernet device from home network after upgrading to Full Fibre with Smart hub 2

Go to solution

I have just upgraded to full fibre & have an issue while setting up the Port Forwarding for my alarm system, which was working with no issues on my old router.

I have been able to ping the Alarm module from my laptop & PC, & have been able to use the alarm system on the local network, however the Smart hub 2 router doesn't see the alarm module & therefore I cannot create a port forwarding rule.

I have tried different ethernet ports, power cycling the router & the alarm module, changing the modules IP address, checked the IP ranges & even a factory reset of the hub.

Does anyone have any idea how I can get the Smart hub 2 to see the Alarm modules IP address to rectify this issue?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Missing Ethernet device from home network after upgrading to Full Fibre with Smart hub 2

Go to solution

There's a toggle on the port forwarding screen to choose either device or IP address. Try forwarding to the alarm system's IP address rather than device name.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Re: Missing Ethernet device from home network after upgrading to Full Fibre with Smart hub 2

Go to solution

I have seen that & attempted to follow the IP address, but that is the problem, the router is not seeing the IP address or the Mac address, therefore I cannot tell the hub it is for the alarm system & cannot create the port forwarding rule

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

I don't understand that. You can create a port forwarding rule to an IP address without the hub knowing the device.

The rule may not work, but that is the next problem if so.

I have just created a rule to a random IP address that doesn't even exist on my network.

portforwardIP.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks for your help, I was looking for the IP address to link the rule to that IP address. I didn't release you could write a rule without the router seeing the IP address.

I have written the rule, tested & it works 😊 👍

0 Ratings