cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

More than one smart hub 2

Apologies in advance - I don’t have a lot of experience.  I have a Smart Hub 2 and a wired Ethernet to a distant part of the house.  At the end with the SH2 there are a few black discs which give good coverage.  I want to cover the other end of the house which needs some other hubs for different devices so need Ethernet ports.  Can I buy a second SH2 to physically connect to the first by a cable and plug the other devices at the far end into that second one?  Will this work?  Is this the best option?  Thanks again .

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: More than one smart hub 2

Plenty of other options by using a wireless access point. 

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
Message 3 of 6

Indeed, it's fine to repurpose a hub as a wireless access point if you have one lying around, but it wouldn't be the first choice if a purchase is required.

Message 4 of 6

What would be your first choice? Any recommendations?
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

What options would you recommend for something simple?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Almost any router can be repurposed as a wireless point so try it out. It will take a bit of reconfiguring. Read the start of this thread which explains how to do it https://www.avforums.com/threads/faq-using-two-routers-together-extending-wi-fi.1554662/

0 Ratings