cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Moving home but new area has significantly slower service

Me and my partner are moving areas and are about 10 months into a two year contract with BT. For the areas here we are getting about 55Mbps download and 18 Mbps upload. The place we a moving to has predicted 8-16 Mbps download and 1 Mbps upload. My partner both works from home and enjoys online games. This is not going to be good enough for us. What are our options here? Other providers like Virgin do offer faster speeds.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Moving home but new area has significantly slower service

Your options are limited. 

You can use the BT Home Move option and if BT can supply broadband at your new address, which you have stated they can, regardless of what speed it is they will move your contract free of charge.

If you do not want to do that you cancel your broadband contract and incur any cancellation fees that will be due for the remainder of your contract. It may sound unfair but it is you that wants to break the contract not BT.

Moving Home with BT | Moving Broadband to a New Home | BT

Message 3 of 6

Enter your new address and post results. This shows what is actually available

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 4 of 6

IkeaGoddess_0-1691606466947.png

Looks like nothing available? 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Is there nothing above that?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

No, above that is just the address information: URPN xxxxxx on Exchange MACCLESFIELD is served by Cabinet 0.
0 Ratings