cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

Moving home - will I have no wifi until second BT visit?

I am moving home and also upgrading my current package for the new place. The engineer will be installing a junction box on the outside of the property and will run a fibre cable underground to that new box. The new cable will follow the same route as the existing cable.

The equipment won't arrive for another week after the engineer installs the new junction box and runs the new cable, then the second engineer visit is scheduled another 2 days later.

Does anyone else who has done this know, will I be without wifi until the second visit? Or can I use my existing BT router and the existing cable until then (and just receive a slower speed)?

Thanks

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Moving home - will I have no wifi until second BT visit?

If the address you are moving into has access to FTTP , but it’s a two stage installation address , so preparatory work is needed on the first stage visit , and installation proper is completed on the second stage visit , your situation is complicated by the fact that no work can be done before the earliest date you have possession of the property so the first stage can be no earlier than the date you move in ( because you won’t own the property before then ) the second stage appointment will be a little after that …..
unfortunately even if the existing copper pair is serviceable it won’t be used as an interim solution to provide ADSL/FTTC get around that gap …..you could enquire about being supplied with a EE mobile device to get ‘online’ during this period between first stage and second stage visits .
0 Ratings