cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

My BT 6 hub suddenly will not connect to older devices

Just today my BT 6 hub does not advertise is Ssid to 3 older wifi devices. These are my sky box (11 yrs old)  an HP printer (10 years old) and a netamo weather station (5years old) All of the many other devices in the house are fine.  The devices can see other ssid’s such as the neighbours wifi. 

It is almost as if the hub has been remotely upgraded an d a glitch has been introduced

any advice or comments welcome

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: My BT 6 hub suddenly will not connect to older devices

Try changing the wifi mode in the hub WiFi from 1 to  either 2 or 3

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Sounds as though either the 2.4Ghz WiFi has been switched off or failed and the devices aren't 5Ghz capable.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

thanks for the quick responses, things are now OK but not sure why they went wonkey

I called BT support, got through to a v helpful lady who did some remote diagnostics. In the process the hub managed to reset itself  back to its original ssid and original password. Things are now woking fine. Plenty of devices to be reset.

As a result I found I am actually on a BT5 hub not BT6

J

0 Ratings