cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

Network Sign In

I have a BT Smarthub with a PC, TV and CCTV DVR cabled to it.

Every so often (probably once or twice a day) I lose internet connection and get a message "You must sign-in to this network to connect to the internet"

After a few minutes everything reverts to normal.

The hub states show "System uptime: 6 Days, 14 Hours 45 Minutes" and " Network uptime:0 Days, 0 Hours 8 Minutes"

Any idea what is happening?

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: Network Sign In

System time is time router has been connected to power socket whereas network time is the time your internet connection is active.  If you have a hub then the light on hub will change colour when you drop internet/network.

Check line for noise dial 17070 option 2 should be silent any noise is a problem and should be done with corded phone -  this will not work if you have digital voice

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

@grahamm1 

I suspect its trying to connect to your BT Wi-Fi hotspot instead of your main SSID. Make sure your devices do not have the BT Wi-Fi network saved, and are also set to ignore "Open" networks.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

Thanks for your replies.

None of the connected devices are WI FI enabled. All are hard-wired.

I've done the silent line test. Total silence (last year we did have a noisy line and the whole cable run was replaced).

Any other suggestions?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

The issue is you connection dropping as shown by the router. The login message is I suspect a bit of a red herring. As the issue is intermittent you really need to do the quiet line test immediately the connection drops. If it's still silent then you need to look elsewhere for the problem.

At a guess you may be on a connection that takes a while to sync & validate your credentials, & you're seeing the login message while the router is attempting this. My connection takes several minutes to re-establish after a drop.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Thanks for the advice. Next time it happens I'll check both quiet line and the colour of the hub and report back.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

go into your router settings and turn on always use this ip address for all effected devices

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

also does it happen at the same times each day? If so it could be dhcp related so do the above

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

Always use this IP still uses DHCP.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Hi. Seems to be completely random times.

0 Ratings