cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Networking blocking sites despite Parental Controls being off

Hello,

Currently my BT router blocks access to various miscellaneous sites even though parental control is off. One example is the Huawei connectivity checker on my phone which is required to successfully connect for a logon to take place when adding a new WiFi network.

The issue I'm having is that currently, parental control is OFF. When I try and turn it ON from My BT's Security page to manage the settings and find the issue it throws a server error:

Server error please try again

Error while saving your changes. Please try again

The browser console shows a 400 errorCapture.PNG

We have called BT many times about this and never really get anywhere on the phone, we even were sent a new router which I have installed today and this has not fixed the issue. It appears to be account based and is very frustrating. Can I get some advice?
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Networking blocking sites despite Parental Controls being off

Try a factory reset of the hub and remember to turn off Smart Setup when it restarts.

https://www.bt.com/help/broadband/what-is-smart-setup-on-the-bt-hub--how-can-i-turn-it-on-and-off-

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Parental controls are set at a network level so it should not make any difference replacing or resetting your hub.

As you would appear to getting nowhere with the Customer Service I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are very busy at present so it can take up to 48 hours for them to contact you. They will do this by posting on this thread.

Message 4 of 6

Hi @lunat and welcome to the community.

I'm sorry you're having problems with your parental controls. If you followed the advice posted by @Les-Gibson and it hasn't helped I'll drop you a private message so you can get in touch.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

I'll be interested to see if a factory reset of your hub will resolve the problem particularly when you have already replaced the hub, which in effect was like doing a factory reset and it resulted in the problem still being there so please update the thread when you have done that.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Hey @Les-Gibson - thanks for the tip however trying that and setting smart setup to off via the admin console did not change the results I'm afraid.

FYI @gg30340 

@DavidM Will hit you back on PM. Thanks