0 Ratings
Message 12 of 25

Re: New SH2 firmware

Thanks @WSH

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 25

Thanks for info @WSH 

Most router manufacturers provide release notes - so I suspect this is BT just wanting to hide issues and their fixes from customers. I wouldnt say its a security reason. The best companies highlight bug or CVE vulnerability fixes in their release notes. BT is hiding behind that excuse I suspect.

Anyway, I'll see when the firmware drops - on mine as I'm still on v0.41.00.07076-BT

I doubt they will fix the 2 week pre-programmed / random reboots, but thanks for the heads-up anyway

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 25

Thanks for info @WSH 

Most router manufacturers provide release notes - so I suspect this is BT just wanting to hide issues and their fixes from customers. I wouldnt say its a security reason. The best companies highlight bug or CVE vulnerability fixes in their release notes. BT is hiding behind that excuse I suspect.

Anyway, I'll see when the firmware drops - on mine as I'm still on v0.41.00.07076-BT

I doubt they will fix the 2 week pre-programmed / random reboots, but thanks for the heads-up anyway

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 25

No idea what is in the update but when my SH2 upgraded the firmware a few weeks back, my connection speed increased to the highest it has ever been.

No idea if this is by design or a coincidence,  but I’ll take it as someone who maxed out at 60/9 previously. The additional upload speed is most welcome.

67/16 now67/16 now

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 16 of 25

That’s unlikely to be the firmware.  I have noticed over the past twelve months that things have improved.  Less congestion in the cabinet as people jump to fttp perhaps?

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 25

@WSHwrote:

That’s unlikely to be the firmware.  I have noticed over the past twelve months that things have improved.  Less congestion in the cabinet as people jump to fttp perhaps?

There isn’t any FTTP providers in my area (only Virgin Media hybrid coax).

————————————————————-
0 Ratings
Message 18 of 25

Perhaps less noise pickup from E-Sides, as the PSTN connections are being ceased? E-sides would normally enter the fibre cabinet via tie cables, where noise pickup can occur.

Upload speeds are very dependent on high frequency performance, so less HF crosstalk would improve the bandwidth available. Any change would have been initiated when the line re-synced.

Message 19 of 25

Well, whatever it is, it happened when the firmware updated and the line resynched and so far, it has been really stable.

Fingers crossed it stays like that 🤞🏻

————————————————————-
0 Ratings
Message 20 of 25

For anyone interested, latest SH2 firmware now appears to be v0.42.00.10167-BT