cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

wifi problems

BT Hub5.  I have a reasonably stable broadband connection. HOwever wifi is constantly failing.  Event log shows multiple client disassociated, client associated, wifi registration failed messages.  These messages completely fill up the entire log for WIFI on the event log.  It has become almost impossible to use ipads as connections get lost every couple of minutes.  I have tried rebooting the router.  Still having the issues.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: wifi problems

Is this a recent problem, or has it got worse recently?

Where are the problem clients being used in relation to the router, same room, same floor with one wall between, next floor and a couple of walls between  etc?. 

Has anything else been changed in the home such as new microwave, new cordless phones etc?

What sort of home is it, flat, terraced house, semi, detached? Could the neighbours have changed their own equipment?

You might want to try installing a piece of software to look a the WiFi signals, I use one called "WiFi Analyser" it can show for example if other WiFi routers are using the same channel and therefore drowning out yours, so choosing a largely unused channel might help.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

It may be that your iPad depending on its age, has the Private Wifi Addresses turned on in its settings. This can cause your hubs allocation to devices to fill up and cause disconnections. If it is on, turn it off.

See link

Use private Wi-Fi addresses on iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Apple Watch – Apple Support (UK)

You may have to carry out a factory reset of the Homehub by pressing a pin into the recess button on the rear for about 20 seconds to clear out all the previous connections to the iPad.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Got much worse recently. Ipad mostly used in room next to router (stud wall), no new devices, detached house in the country, nearest neighbours over 100 yards away. We have two wifi extenders , one on the first floor extending signal to other bedrooms, one on the ground floor providing monitoring link to external 15kW battery installation (installed for just over a year).
0 Ratings