cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

New admin password when saving router changes

Go to solution

Hi. I have a Smart Hub 2 and I am having trouble connecting a legacy device to 2.4 GHz. On a previous router I changed the operating mode from one to three but on this newer router it won't let me. Instead it asks for a longer password which the router won't accept, and i can't change mode. Has anyone else had this issue and how did you get over it? Screenshot 2022-04-06 13.43.21.png

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: New admin password when saving router changes

Go to solution

Factory reset the hub by pressing the recessed button at the rear with a pin for about 20 seconds until the lights flash.

That will restore the default password.

Turn off Smart Setup again after the reset.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Seeing that message implies that you've previously changed the WiFi password to something the SH2 doesn't like, but you over-rode that anyway. It's now simply nagging you that it still doesn't like the WiFi password. Don't know about the SH2 but on the SH it is only advisory & can be overridden. Is there not an option to "Accept" if you scroll down?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Hi. There is no option to override the warning. It looks like I'm stuck with it. 😞

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks, that worked a treat, although the password I was using is now longer acceptable. The main issue was to get the old school device working which it now is. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Having checked an original SH, I was editing my post as you posted. See if it makes more sense now.

If you can't dismiss the warning you will have to temporarily change the WiFi password to something that meets the requirements, change the operating mode & save it & then change the WiFI password back.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

No need to do anything, just use the default passwords.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

I'm guessing that a firmware update has enforced the password policy more rigidly. So while the "insecure" password was able to be used to connect devices after the firmware update, it wouldn't allow it to make changes. That's why you can't now change it back to whatever it was.

0 Ratings