cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

New build open reach

Is anyone able to advise? 
I moved into a new build property in 2020. The sockets already said Virgin Media on them so I have used them for the last 3 years. 
I am looking to change provider however have now found that there is no active open reach at all within the property. 
Virgin does not use open reach which is why it’s never been realised. 
I’ve contacted open reach who said to contact developer. 
Developer have said it’s down to the internet provider. 
Called round various different providers and they have all said it’s current provider that needs to rectify. 
Contacted Virgin again and again was told they do not have any relation with open reach. 
Tried open reach again and have been told I am not in scope for fibre installation.. 

Surely there should still be a standard connection regardless of fibre? Post code into open reach website says I don’t have any internet at all. 
I have the Open reach connection box in the cupboard it just needs activating!! 

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: New build open reach

If you have something like this in cupboard then that is fibre modem and you just need to select your ISP who uses openreach network an place an order quoting serial number from ONT

ont-pon.jpg

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 6

IMG_0601.jpegThis is all I have?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

That is just a phone socket

Try entering your address and post results. This should show what is available to you

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 5 of 6

IMG_0602.png

 thanks for your help, any idea what this means? 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

That shows that there is no fibre connection available to you and best you can get is adsl2 with expected speed about 13mb

0 Ratings