cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

No internet- asks me to find a Sign -in page

Go to solution

Hi, Since this morning my internet connection has been disappearing strangely. No connection to Home Hub although lights are still blue. Pop up that tells me to try to find a Sign-In page to reconnect. I tried re-booting a couple of times and I get the internet back but then it disappears again with same issue after about 5 mins. As you can see I've got it back again for now. if it goes again, can you advise on what to do please. And what is that Sign in page and where is it?

Thanks

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: No internet- asks me to find a Sign -in page

Go to solution

If you can, log on to 192.168.1.254 from a browser and turn off Smartsetup, I suspect that's the sign-in page you're looking for.

What is Smart Setup on the BT Hub? How can I turn it on and off? | BT Help

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Hi,  Thanks. I recognise that BT page  from the pop up that appeared when the internet was lost, but I didn't know where to go or click. I didn't quite understand what I should be doing. Am I switching something off or on? or is it just to re-enter my home hub code as it has lost it? Thanks, sorry to be a bit thick

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Turn off Smart setup.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks. Any idea why this would suddenly have happened? I didn't change anything

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Smart setup is essentially a well meaning browser hijacker that's supposed to make connecting to your hub easier but it causes more problems than it solves. I think I can safely say that everyone on this community will agree that you are better off without it

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Are you connecting by Ethernet or WiFi? If WiFi, are you sure you aren't connecting to the BT WiFi signal rather than your hub SSID?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks everyone. Appreciate the replies. After losing internet repeatedly for several hours off and on it now seems to be stable again. Fingers crossed. Still not sure why that Smart setup kicked in, but your replies have explained what it is and hopefully what I can do if it starts again. I'm using wi-fi by the way.