cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 27

No internet on laptops

Go to solution

So, I go on holiday & halfway through, 2 of my 5 internet ring cameras & my Ring chime booster stop transmitting data to my phone App. I get home & then find that neither of our 2 laptops will connect to the internet; shows connected to the internet but with no internet access!

Our 2 phones & tablets (Android & Apple) have still connected automatically with no problem; I'm posting this plea for help through my phone's internet access! Re-booted the laptops several times, tried rebooting the hub several times & trouble shooting the network connection, but laptops still only show "connected with no internet access"; I'm reasonably tech savvy but never had this problem before, what's going on?

Forgot to add I'm on full fibre.

Just discovered Smart TV's not connected either!

0 Ratings
26 REPLIES 26
Message 2 of 27

Re: No internet on laptops

Go to solution

Did your hub update while you were away and is the "Full Fibre (FTTP) Mode" switch in the ON position?

What colour is the light on the front of the hub and which lights are lit on the ONT

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 27

Go to solution

Thanks for your response & this is just a quick reply for now as I've been travelling since 3:30 & need to go to bed now!

Did your hub update while you were away: - No idea; hub has certainly rebooted & it obviously did something else which has caused 30% of my remote access internet devices to go "off line" . This is usually easy to rectify but so far, my Ring cameras, Smart TV & Sonos don't want to know; I haven't spent too much time trying to sort those out as my biggest problem now is our mainstream laptop connections!

Is the "Full Fibre (FTTP) Mode" switch in the ON position? : - No idea, how do I check? Is this on the ONT? Presumably it must have been.  Will have to look at this tomorrow after some sleep!

What colour is the light on the front of the hub; blue/blue so hub is connected - phones & tablets are all connecting through the hub OK & still working, so it's just laptops & other peripheral devices that won't play.

and which lights are lit on the ONT: Power on (obviously) - PON is on; LAN transmission flashing - as I would expect as data still getting through to phones & tablets!

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 27

Go to solution

Did a factory reset which has solved the problem so, presumably, the problem was caused by an update! But what's to stop this happening again once BT realise my hub is not operating on their latest software? Don't really want or need 50% of my internet devices going dumb every time they update!

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 27

Go to solution

A Hub reset isn't a factory reset, it simply resets all settings to default, so firmware is unaffected.

Message 6 of 27

Go to solution

OK thanks; but is this likely to happen again the next time BT update their software? 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 27

Go to solution

I have no crystal ball. But given these forums weren't awash with similar complaints, it seems very much like an individual glitch.

If you're that concerned & not using DV, maybe consider buying your own router that you have more control over.

Message 8 of 27

Go to solution

For info.

A factory reset does not roll back any updates. When you factory reset the hub it retains the latest firmware that was installed in the Smarthub.

It only restores all the user setting to their default values and changes passwords back to the ones the hub came with.

Message 9 of 27

Go to solution

I’ve had the same issue recently. Will also try factory reset but would be interested to hear if your problems persist. Thanks for posting your question- you beat me to it!

Message 10 of 27

Go to solution

I'll post back on this thread if it happens again.

0 Ratings