cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 27

Re: Ping spikes December 2023

Thanks but it’s not just a WiFi issue. Everything connected by lan cable is also experiencing the issue. 

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 27

You said you have FFTC which I take you mean FTTC (Fibre to the Cabinet) if so how is that supplied, underground, via poles, across the front of buildings, or some other way? Just wondering if it comes via poles/other buildings whether the cable could be picking up  interference, when, for example, Christmas light flash.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 27

Spoiler

I've created a post with an identical problem as yours, just had an engineer out this morning who said the same thing as yours and had no clue what the issue could be. I noticed I had a firmware update on the evening of 11th December which is the same day I started to notice this issue and it hasn't stopped since even with a new hub and all new equipment.... Seeing this post is a sigh of relief that it isn't just me and that this is looking to be a firmware update problem surely.

I play competitive games and notice this also and haven't really been able to play properly since the 11th because of this problem.   I've also been with BT for just over 2 years and my 7ms on cmd now turning to 11-12 with spikes is identical to your issue. I hope this problem can be sorted asapppp

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 27

Spot on. Glad it’s not just me. Surprised there’s not more people complaining if it is a buggy update. Im tempted to buy a 3rd party router and try that.

I also play competitive games and was hoping to get stuck in over my two week break. 

The most frustrating part is bt and open reach not even testing for ping. How are they supposed to report back an issue with somthing if they arnt even going to look. 

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 27

I’m going to try and bring up to them on the phone today or tomorrow to make sure they’re aware of the issue and it’s affecting I assume many users but not noticeable on a relaxed level of playing games or using the internet casually.

I have a 3rd party hub im going to give a go also to see if rerouting the traffic will help as I noticed the transmission of data is creating problems when it hits BT Servers so i’ll see if I can avoid that somehow haha. Long shot but I guess make them aware and wait for a inward update, just seems dodgy routing of data or one of their servers is playing up
0 Ratings
Message 16 of 27

I've just called and spoken to a team based in Birmingham form which the guy spoke to his manager and as far as I know has raised this issue. For now they're sending me a hub with the previous Firmware on before this update in December and fingers crossed this solves it. 

I tried to state that others are experiencing this issue with this firmware update also which by process of elimination it has to be a firmware issue due to the timings of our faults and engineers confirming it's not a physical problem to say the least.

However, he said they can only note this issue as a ME problem and not anyone else. He's leaving this as a "fault" on my account which should then be looked at or attended too in the future I suppose to help sort this error/bug/routing problem for the hub itself.

I'm going to give this "old hub" they send me a run, if it works I can only recommend you try to get the same and I guess wait a few months before switching back to the newer hub as they may have fixed it by then? Idk. Otherwise stick with the old hub.

If it doesn't work then honestly It might just be a waiting game unfortunately and hope they sort this routing error in their servers in the next firmware update. 

Keep in touch man 🙂

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 27

Glad they have at least sent you another router to try. Won’t it update automatically when you plug it in though?

If it works let me know! 

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 27

that's what I asked and he said it is an older version which doesn't have automatic updates on I suppose. He assured me it is not on the newest firmware version. I had a new hub sent out last week which was on the latest as expected so fingers crossed this isn't and won't update 🙂

I'll let you know
0 Ratings
Message 19 of 27

The firmware was downgraded but still the same result. I’m stumped. I don’t know what to try anymore. 

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 27

ah no really! They’ve sent me one as well. They’ve also booked another engineer because they have found a fault somewhere.

0 Ratings