cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Poor 2.4GHz signal with smart hub 2

My smart hub 2 appears to have a very weak 2.4GHz signal when compared with the 5GHz signal.

Sitting about 2 metres away from it, the 5GHz is at -44dBm but the 2.4GHz signal is only -78dBm.

My printer is 2.4GHz only and located about 4 metres away from the hub. It has problems connection with such a weak signal.

The previous Home Hub 5 had both signals at a similar strength and the printer had no problems with it.

Is the smart hub faulty?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Poor 2.4GHz signal with smart hub 2

Have you tried. Changing the 2.4 channel from auto/smart to a specific channel using a WiFi analyser on your mobile to see channels in use and selecting free or less congested channel

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Yes I have tried changing the channel. It made no difference to the signal level.

The 'smart' setting had chosen ch1, which is also used by my neighbours VM router. I tried both ch6 and 11 and both had a poor signal

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

A number of people have Wi-Fi issues (performance and reliability) with the SH2. I use a wireless extender ( a repurposed router) connected directly to the SH2 as a workaround.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

A number of people have Wi-Fi issues (performance and reliability) with the SH2. I use a wireless extender ( a repurposed router) connected directly to the SH2 as a workaround.

0 Ratings