cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Port Forwarding on SH2 - Rules not saving

Hi All,

I'm having a problem where I can't seem to create a port forwarding rule. My PS5 struggles with the Moderate NAT Type and I've tried opening ports for a few games to improve the experience. 

I can create the rule, add the device and all the different ports but as soon as I hit save, nothing happens! The page just refreshes and none of the rules have been saved. I have tried turning UPnP off which hasn't made a difference, I've also tried resetting the router. I would set the router to factory defaults but I'm going to be fuming if it doesn't work ahah!

I spoke to a 'technical' engineer this morning from BT and they told me its a hardware issue and they've sent me another router, I've only had this current router 4-5 months so I find it unlikely it would be anything hardware related.

Has anyone got any ideas? I've seen other forums like mine and no one has found a solution yet... it can't be something just unfixed, you'd think BT would've solved the problem if so.

Any advice would be great

BT Smart Hub 2

Firmware Version: v0.31.00.10253-BT

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Port Forwarding on SH2 - Rules not saving

Why are you reluctant to factory reset the hub?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

I had similar.  Added a new port forwarding rule (press the plus), entered the details, pressed save, and nothing.

I got it to save a new rule by,  after entering in the new port details (and before pressing save) I pressed the + again in order to add a second row (for a further port forwarding rule) but dont complete this extra row, when I then pressed saved the first rule was saved and worked fine.

Just a glitch I guess.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

@alexarch3rrwrote:

Hi All,

I'm having a problem where I can't seem to create a port forwarding rule. My PS5 struggles with the Moderate NAT Type and I've tried opening ports for a few games to improve the experience. 

I can create the rule, add the device and all the different ports but as soon as I hit save, nothing happens! The page just refreshes and none of the rules have been saved. I have tried turning UPnP off which hasn't made a difference,:Try enabling UPnP and playing a game, if the PS5 requires a rule UPnP will create  and assign it.

I've also tried resetting the router. I would set the router to factory defaults but I'm going to be fuming if it doesn't work ahah!: You can save the configuration file before resetting and reload it afterward from Advanced Settings/System/Backup&Restore

Has anyone got any ideas? I've seen other forums like mine and no one has found a solution yet... it can't be something just unfixed, you'd think BT would've solved the problem if so.

Any advice would be great

BT Smart Hub 2

Firmware Version: v0.31.00.10253-BT

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Did this get resolved? I've just received a SH2 and have the same issue.

Thanks

Bryan

0 Ratings