cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Problem with website timing out and not secure

Hi I am trying to access a few website I know are secure & OK, but for some reason my router is blocking them, as they work fine when I try and access them on my mobile via 4 & 5g? They either time out or say You Are Not Securely Connected to this site, they are radiogaga.com and buzzfm.es I've tried accessing them via Edge, Chrome, and Firefox and Safari, any ideas? A friend of mine is also on BT and able to access these fine, so it's just happening on mine thoughts?  

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Problem with website timing out and not secure

It is most likely BT Web Protect that is causing it. Try turning it off.

See link

https://www.bt.com/help/security/set-up-and-use-bt-web-protect#:~:text=You%20can%20turn%20off%20BT,y....

If that does not work it could be your antivirus packege that is flagging them.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Made no difference, I am using windows defender, when I hotspot my phone to the pc they appear and work fine, it's only when I'm either using my BT Ethernet or Wifi I get this problem all very frustrating!  

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

If it is not happening when you tether your PC to your phone and use 4/5g then it would obviously appear to be a BT issue. Was Web Protect turned on?

You could try a factory reset of the BT hub by pressing a pin into the recess button on the rear for about 20 seconds. 

This should give you a new IP address and it may resolve the problem, if it doesn't post back for further assistance

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Have tried this and it's still made no difference I can access these sites fine via 4 & 5g on both my PC & mobile but as soon as I switch my Wifi or plug my ethernet cable back in I get the Hmmm… can't reach this page? These sites are all hosted via Strato. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Sounds like a DNS problem. Try changing your DNS servers to Google 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

0 Ratings