cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Re: Printer connection

Is there any way I can make my printer which runs at 2.4 GHz connect to my Hub and not a black disc. I need the black disc to improve connections elsewhere in the house. If the printer connects to the disc and not the hub it sometimes works and sometimes not on IPads and phones. If I turn the disc off all connections jump into life. The printer always uses the same IP address. Is there any way I can make sure the printer connects to the Hub and not a disc ? There is in my mind a fault with the HP software in that it can’t cope with the black disc.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

I've moved your post to start a new thread as it is a different problem.

Unfortunately it is your printer which decides where to connect and will select what it considers to be the strongest signal.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

After a lot of testing various scenarios there is no doubt HP printers , rather their software cannot properly function if the printer is connected to a black disc. Can I suggest the BT modify the My BT product to allow us to move items from the Discs to the Hub. This would be a subset of the Remove Disc facility in the product that is already available where many devices are moved at once.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Hi

I have an HP Officejet Pro 6970 and it is connected to a black BT disc.

I feel your pain as I have had a number of HP home printers over the years and as a home user with basic IT skills I have found them all a struggle to setup but the issue has been the HP side of things. I do recall that last time, in the end, I downloaded the free HP Print & Scan doctor which deleted everything HP printer and got it working.  I hope that helps.  Tim

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

@TimSmedley   Thanks will give that a try. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

@TimSmedley 

Ran the software and all ok. Printer was connected directly to the hub, will try again with a disc. The biggest issue is HP Smart on the IPad which can take up to 30 minutes to find the printer if it’s connected to a disc. Will do further tests and let you know. 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

@TimSmedley 

Hi , have done extensive testing and yes discs are supported. The draw back is that performance is very slow to say the least. Pages can take minutes to print instead of seconds, ok if you are not in rush. HP Smart on the IPad is particularly bad. I have an IPad Air on IOS 17.3.1 and it takes up to 5 mins to connect to the printer and constantly loses it. Direct connection to the Hub is infinitely better unless HP can improve their software.

0 Ratings