cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Re- activating wifi on Homehub 6DX or Smarthub 2

Go to solution

At present I don't need wifi, but I am about to have a security system installed which requires wifi. I have a smartphone which allows me to view what each camera is seeing, as you probably know already.

When BT fitted the Smarthub,, the engineer  deactivated the Wifi. How do I reactivate it?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Re- activating wifi on Homehub 6DX or Smarthub 2

Go to solution

Log onto your Smarthub 2 by clicking on this link Home (bthomehub.home) then click on the box named "wireless" then click on "Change Settings". A new box will open. Enter the Admin Password found on the Smarthub's label then turn on the two wireless settings and save. 

Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Hi

Thanks for the help. I discovered why I couldn't get it to work - I was trying to access the router from the my computer  - the router prime connection is on my wife's computer😀

Once I had accessed the router details, I found that the wireless connection was working -it showed both computers.

Does the wifi work when the wired connections are plugged in?

I tried disconnecting my computer from the wired network but it failed to connect to the Internet.

I'm on W10 , and my wife is on W11.

I cannt find any reference to wifi on the W11 computer. When he supplied us with the Smarthub2 router, we requested he disable the Wifi. Apart from the Hub manager tool how would he have done this?

Regards

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

If you are connected by Ethernet on your device the device's wireless connection will be turned off.

If your device has a wireless connection it should turn on when you disconnect the Ethernet cable.

You will then need to scan for wireless connections and log onto your hubs connection.

See link

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/setting-up-a-wireless-network-in-windows-97914e31-3aa4-4...

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

@quattr020V wrote:

Hi

Thanks for the help. I discovered why I couldn't get it to work - I was trying to access the router from the my computer  - the router prime connection is on my wife's computer😀

There is no 'Prime' connection, all devices can connect to the hub equally.

Once I had accessed the router details, I found that the wireless connection was working -it showed both computers.

Does the wifi work when the wired connections are plugged in?

The Wifi itself transmits from the hub regardless, however, on most PC's connecting via Ethernet disables wireless connection.

I tried disconnecting my computer from the wired network but it failed to connect to the Internet.

Have you entered the WiFi password?

I'm on W10 , and my wife is on W11.

I cannt find any reference to wifi on the W11 computer. When he supplied us with the Smarthub2 router, we requested he disable the Wifi. Apart from the Hub manager tool how would he have done this?

He couldn't. I suspect he didn't turn it off.

Regards

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

I looked on the microsoft link, and then tried to find refernce to a wireless network adapter, but no joy.

Would this be an external device plugged into the computer or would it be plugged into the router, or could it be on the motherboard ot network card if there is one?

It appears we now have a Realtek ethernet cable plugged into the router, but no Broad band   -the WAN  socket has no cable connected.

We do have the EE Hybrid  4G  alternative  connector  supplied by BT

Regards

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

What will happen if I use reset the network option in W11?

Regards

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution
0 Ratings