cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Remote access to control device access

I’m away from home right now. My home hub has some time access restrictions set on some devices used by my children. I need to remove them so they can use the laptop for homework. Is there a way I can do this remotely or must I be in range of my home hub WiFi ti do this? Thank you.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Remote access to control device access

@MJE 

As far as I am aware, the BT App allows remote control of your BT Home Hub. You can also remote reset it. Try it while connected to mobile data to prove it.

https://www.bt.com/about-my-bt-app

This may only work with the Smart Hub 2.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

I use the app to set up access groups but in order to access these to change times, equipment or toggle on and off - I have ti go in via ‘Your Services’ > ‘ Your WiFi Network’ and as I’m not at home I can’t connect to it to make the necessary changes which is crazy. So I was hoping for a workaround. I know my hub password etc so I’d hope there was a secure alternative. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

I understood that the BT App worked via the BT management interface, which is why you can initiate a reset. I assumed that it gave you control of all the hub settings, but I may be wrong.

I have asked a moderator to clarify this.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

You should be able to do it from the MyBT app on your phone.

Open the app, tap More (bottom RH corner on Android, I know not where on iPhone), your Wi-Fi Network & Control Wi-Fi access for your devices.

0 Ratings