cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 16

Re: Removing an old telephone line extension

Just a meaningless picture of  wires, no idea where they are from and to. You need to show what cables are connected to what. The master socket is where the external cable enters the house.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 16

That’s exactly what it is to me.  The wire highlighted in orange is the master wire that enters the house from the telephone line.

FB11CE4A-FBBC-4A09-A65B-A6A0EF429BBF.jpeg

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 16

That is just a junction box where external cable is joined to internal cable so  is the socket wrppedwith the cable your master so let to which extensions are connected

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 16

Yes I think the one wrapped with cable is actually the master socket and it’s the one we want to remove, is that possible?

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 16

No

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 16

As I posted everything to master socket is property of openreach

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings