cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Ring Door Bell

Go to solution

I have a Ring Door Bell 2 and my BT Smart Hub 2.  They were working perfectly fine until abnout 3 weeks ago when the door bell discharged. Since then it is not connecting to the internet. I have tried everything i have read through the forumns including trying to connect at a different location where is worked straight away. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I have tried everything and now stuck.

1. Fully charged.

2. Reset the hub.

3. Tried switching off 5GHZ

4. Factory reset

5. BT Helpdesk updated the hub.

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Ring Door Bell

Go to solution

@nikhilmistry 

Welcome to this user forum for BT Retail phone and broadband customers.

Have you tried a factory reset of the BT Home Hub?

https://www.bt.com/help/broadband/how-do-i-reset-my-bt-hub-to-its-factory-settings

Connection issues can be caused by the home hub running out of internal connections. A normal restart does not fix that.

Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

have you tried resetting the ring door bell back to factory and start as new

https://support.help.ring.com/hc/en-gb/articles/4405018926740-How-to-completely-reset-your-Ring-Vide...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

@nikhilmistry 

You tried turning the 5GHz off, but have you tried manually changing the 2.4GHz channel?  It may be that there's local congestion on the WiFi channel being used.

Message 5 of 5

Go to solution
This has worked, changed to channel 6 and connected straight away. Didn't need to switch off the 5GHz.
Thank you 🙂