cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Router Wi-Fi signals

I use Wi-Fi Analyser app to monitor Wi-Fi signal strength throughout my home. I have a Smart Hub 2 and a Belkin Wi-Fi repeater. I was therefore expecting to see two signals with the router SSID, but instead there are three. I'm assuming that the router is dual band (the Belkin is only single band). My question is, how do I ensure my devices always connect to the best signal?

Also I notice that the router always connects to channel 1, which appears to be the most congested channel. Can I manually change the channel on the router?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Router Wi-Fi signals

Both bands of the BT hub have the same SSID and can't be split. The hub also transmits a Btwifi signal and a hidden signal for backhaul to the Complete WiFi discs.

Your devices choose which signal to connect to not the hub.

You can manually change the channel in advanced wireless settings.

Message 3 of 4

@licquorice 

Thanks for responding. I have looked in advanced settings but could not find any way to fix on a specific channel. I did notice that the 5GHz appears to be connected to channel 36, which doesn't show up on the channel graphic in Wi-Fi Analyzer.

Is there any way to turn off the BT Wi-Fi signal?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to Advanced settings > Wireless > Channels (default is Smart) and select channel.

You need to opt out of Btwifi to turn off the signal, it is not a hub setting.

https://www.bt.com/help/broadband/what-is-bt-wi-fi-and-how-do-i-get-it-